“The Company”, “Company”, “Me”, or “I”, means Grief Pictured, LLC and www.griefpictured.com.
“Content” means any and all written, visual, video, or audio information contained on the company’s site or otherwise created by the company, including, but not limited to, any and all emails received from Grief Pictured, LLC or from griefpictured.com, and any and all written or downloadable material purchased, viewed, or otherwise offered on www.griefpictured.com, such as social media posts, materials, emails, memorial slideshow video files, and written keepsake copies of ceremonies.
“Personal Information” means information that can be used on its own or in conjunction with other information to identify, contact, or locate a person, or to identify an individual in context. For example, personal information includes, among other things, your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, site behavior, photographs of you, etc.
“Site, Services, and/or Products” means www.griefpictured.com, content, social media posts, website materials, forms, emails, phone calls, memorial slideshows, ceremonies, keepsake written copies of ceremony scripts, and/or tutorials available on the Site.
“Site” means www.griefpictured.com and any and all of the Company’s associated pages, tabs, landing pages, forms, or sub-pages.
“You” or “Your” means the user, customer, or viewer of the Site.
2. Company Statement:
The Site and its Content are owned by Grief Pictured, LLC.
3. What kind of Personal Information do I collect?
Personal Information You Provide:
When using the Site or communicating with me by phone, email, or Short Message Service (SMS), and in filling out forms, using a booking calendar or scheduler, purchasing products, providing comments, uploading content for the creation of memorial slideshows, or contacting the Company any other way, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, website address, mailing address, payment or credit card information. You may also provide personal photographs, audio or video that contains your personal image or likeness and other identifiable aspects of your self. The Company uses this information to deliver the product purchased, or information requested, to improve the performance and applicability of the Site, and to provide you with educational content, newsletters, promotions, and special offers.
Personal Information Automatically Collected:
Through use of the Site, the Company may use data collection technology, such as Google Analytics, Jetpack, MonsterInsights, Yoast SEO, etc (hereinafter referred to as the “Data Collection Companies”) to collect information related to your use of the Site. Generally speaking, this includes information about your geographic location and Site behavior. The Data Collection Companies also provide the Company with information about what type of device or software you use, your IP address (with location information), and whether you view the Site on mobile, tablet, or desktop.
The Company collects this information for statistical purposes only and to improve the viewer experience.
4. What if the Personal Information the Company has about you is incorrect or you want to update it?
If the Personal Information the Company has collected about you is incorrect or incomplete in any way, or you would like to update what The Company has, please contact Emily Karp at email@example.com. I will make the appropriate corrections when notified, as long as the corrections requested to be made are not incorrect or fraudulent in any way.
5. When does The Company collect Personal Information?
The Company collects Personal Information from you when you send the company an email or SMS text message, or when you purchase, order, or sign up on and for the Site, Services, and Products, download the Company’s resources, subscribe to the Company’s newsletter, fill out a form, browse the Site, view Content, make purchases, enter any of your Personal Information on the Site, and/or upload files for the purposes of creating a memorial slideshow using those files. If you’re just viewing the Site, you won’t be required to provide personal information to browse.
If you sign-up to be added to the Company’s email list or newsletter, you will only receive free email messages from the Company if you affirmatively consent to receiving such messages. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking “UNSUBSCRIBE” at the bottom of each email. If you have any questions, or difficulty unsubscribing from those emails, email Emily Karp at firstname.lastname@example.org to be unsubscribed from future messages. The Company does not automatically add anyone to a mailing list.
6. How does The Company use your Personal Information?
When using the Site, Services, and/or Products, The Company may use the Personal Information The Company collects from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for the Company’s newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication (typically by email), browse the Site, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow the Company to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve the Company’s Site in order to better serve you.
- To allow the Company to better serve you in response to your customer service requests.
- To contact you regarding a product or service you purchased.
- To administer a Feedback Survey or other Site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions on and for the Site, Services, and/or Products.
7. Does The Company share your Personal Information with anyone?
In general, The Company does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside (third) parties your Personal Information for marketing or advertising purposes, except for the following purposes:
in order to comply with an investigation, law enforcement inquiry, government entities, courts,or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for legal and/or safety purposes.
- Third-party providers that provide products, tools, platforms or services to us, such as email-list building, form creation, website management,customer service, account maintenance, and performing other activities and services related to the management and running of the Company. Note that Grief Pictured, LLC also does allow third-party behavioral tracking, such as tracking if you clicked on a link from one of the emails in the company’s newsletter.
While the company does not share it directly with third-party platforms such as social media sites and apps, these third-party platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Nextdoor may also possess or get information about you from your behavior/actions: directly with the third-parties; on/from other websites, mobile apps, or companies that the third-party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third-party companies show you, including advertisements for Grief Pictured, LLC and other social media content of ours. If you interact with our content on those sites, you are subject to those sites’ privacy policies.
Grief Pictured, LLC may disclose your Personal Information to its subsidiaries, contractors, subcontractors, assigns, affiliates or successors in interest when necessary to carry out business functions. This may include website hosting partners and other parties who assist the Company in operating the Company’s website, email service, conducting the Company’s business, or serving the Company’s users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. If you make your personal information available to third parties through the Company’s Site, Services, and/or Products, Grief Pictured, LLC is not responsible for any unauthorized use by that third party.
8. How does the Company protect your Personal Information?
Grief Pictured, LLC aims to make your visit to the Company’s Site as safe as possible. The Site uses commercially acceptable methods of security protection to protect your information. The Site is scanned for security breaches using, for example, malware removal software.
The Company also uses a SSL certificate and will never transmit your credit card information by email.
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the Personal Information confidential. By viewing, using, or purchasing on or from the Site, Services, and/or Products, you acknowledge that Grief Pictured, LLC and its staff and independent contractors may access your Personal Information.
Grief Pictured, LLC implements a variety of security measures when a user purchases a service in order to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on the Company’s servers.
9. Does the Company use ‘cookies’ or social media pixels?
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better Site experiences and tools in the future. The Company may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on the Company’s behalf.
- To personalize your experience and better understand customers’ preferences for the Company’s marketing and business purposes.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
10. Third-Party Links:
11. Google Analytics:
I have implemented the following through Google Analytics: Demographics and Interests Reporting.
The Company, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to the Company’s website.
13. California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”):
Pursuant to CalOPPA, the Company agrees to the following:
Users can visit the company’s site anonymously.
14. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”):
Grief Pictured, LLC does not specifically market to children under the age of 13. Please STOP and do not use, view, purchase, or otherwise browse the Site, Services, or Products if you are under 13 years old. If you’re younger than 13, you are not permitted to enter any Personal Information on this Site.
If you are a parent or legal guardian and you believe your child under the age of 13 has provided the Company with Personal Information, please contact the Company immediately to have it removed by emailing the Company at email@example.com.
15. Fair Information Practices:
In order to comply with Fair Information Practices the Company will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
Grief Pictured, LLC will notify you via email within 30 business days of any known breach.
16. CAN-SPAM Act of 2003:
The CAN-SPAM Act is a U.S. law which establishes rules for commercial email messages, gives you the right to stop certain commercial emails from being sent to you, and outlines certain penalties for commercial entities or persons who violate the law.
The Company collects your email address and name so I can:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process purchased products and services and to send information and updates pertaining to these products or services you purchased.
- Send you additional information related to your purchased product or service.
- Continue to send emails, if necessary, to you after the original transaction has occurred.
- Email you a newsletter, if you affirmatively consent to this newsletter, containing free information, resources and articles, as well as potentially advertisements for products or services I offer.
In accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act, I agree to the following:
- The Company will not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- The Company will include the Company’s business mailing address in the Company’s emails.
- The Company will monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance.
- The Company honors opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- The Company will allow users to unsubscribe by using the appropriate link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions at the bottom of any email you receive from the Company and I will promptly remove you from future correspondence(s). Unsubscribing from one list or set of emails may not unsubscribe you from receiving ALL future emails from Grief Pictured, LLC. If you experience any problems unsubscribing, please email Emily Karp at email@example.com and I will promptly handle your removal.
17. Your General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) Rights
If you are located within the European Union (“EU”), you are entitled to certain rights under the GDPR. You have the right to:
- Know how long we’ll keep your information. We’ll keep your personal information until the earlier of: (1) you either ask the Company to delete your information or (2) the Company decides it no longer needs the data and the cost of retaining it outweighs the value to keeping it.
- Access, rectify or erase your personal information.
- Withdraw your consent to the Company’s processing of your data, which shall have no effect on the lawfulness of the processing of your personal information prior to your withdrawal.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over GDPR issues.
- Provide only your personal information which is reasonably required to enter into a contract with us. The Company will not ask for your consent to provide unnecessary personal information on the condition of entering into a contractual relationship with the Company.
18. Contacting the Company:
Grief Pictured, LLC
Mailing Address: 7902 Inverness Rd, Potomac, Maryland 20854
Updated on June 19, 2023